- Applicants should either be in Grade 12 or equivalent (graduating in 2021) or should have passed Grade 12 or equivalent. Math and Physics are mandatory for the School of Computing and Data Science.
- Students from all boards can apply – CBSE, CISCE, Cambridge, IB and state boards.
- IB students should have minimum 24 points and passed three subjects each at higher level (HL) and standard level (SL).
- Cambridge A level students should have a minimum of three subjects.
- Applicants should have taken one of the following tests; SAT, ACT or Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam, JEE Main or any equivalent test.
Step-by-Step Selection Process
Students must complete and submit the online application to progress to the interview round.
- Applicants shortlisted after the first round of screening will be contacted for a faculty interview.
- The interview could be face-to-face in Sai University City Campus in Chennai or via a video call. Applicants may indicate their preference in the application
Standardized Admissions Test
- Applicants may provide any one of the following test scores as required for the program
Applicants needs to submit a personal statement as part of the admission process. A personal statement is a short piece that will allow the applicants to tell the reader about themselves. The statement can shed light on the applicant’s interests, passions, achievements etc.
Testimonials/Letter of recommendation from teachers
Testimonials or letter of recommendation is given by the school teachers and counselors to an individual student. Applicants can request their schools for these letters.
Update on Application Status
Applicants will receive a feedback letter which will state if they are selected, waitlisted pending further action or not selected for admission.
Tuition fee for Undergraduate Programs
– School of Arts and Sciences – Rs. 6 lacs per annum
– School of Computing and Data Science – Rs. 3.5 lacs per annum
Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam
The Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam is the gold standard in common entrance admissions tests, measuring verbal, quantitative, and abstract reasoning skills through multiple choice questions.
Sai University is now accepting the Pearson Undergraduate Entrance Exam scores. Visit www.undergraduateexam.in to register.
One Year LLM Program In Regulatory Studies
- Any person holding a recognized undergraduate law degree shall be eligible for admissions to the LLM program. A student who has appeared for their final semester/ year examination may also seek admission, provided that such admission shall be a provisional one and is subject to such student producing the degree certificate before the commencement of the third trimester of studies. However, in exceptional cases, the CPGLS may provide a further extension of time.
- Admission to the program shall be based on an All India Admission Test conducted by the University
- The University may also take into consideration the results of LLM common admission test conducted by any agency or consortium as per the UGC norms. For this purpose, the University may enter into MoUs with such agencies or consortiums conducting such tests.
- The marks secured in the Admission Test shall have a weightage of 70%.
- 30% weightage shall be given for work experience, publications, and statement of purpose. Marks shall be equally distributed for each component. A committee constituted by the University for this purpose shall conduct an interaction with the candidates for examining the veracity of claims made in the application form.
- 35% of the total seats of the One Year LLM program is reserved for Resident Students of Tamil Nadu.
- Admission of students to thirty-five percentage of seats reserved for resident students of Tamil Nadu shall be made following the reservation as per law in force.
- “Resident student of Tamil Nadu” means,—
– a student who or either of whose parents has resided in the State of Tamil Nadu for a period of not less than five years preceding the qualifying examination; OR
– a student who has studied in any one of the educational institutions in the State of Tamil Nadu for a period of not less than five years leading to the qualifying examination.
- The Trimester Results of a student who is provisionally admitted to the program shall not be published until the submission of the undergraduate Degree Certificate.
- If a student who is provisionally admitted to the program fails to submit the undergraduate Degree Certificate within the stipulated time, his/her provisional admission stands cancelled automatically.
- Refund of the tuition fee of a student whose admission is cancelled will be determined in accordance with the Sai University rules relating to the same.