N. S. Nappinai
Visiting Faculty of Law
Ms. Nappinai has handled cases pertaining to constitutional matters, white collar offences and commercial litigations and arbitrations including cases for protection against IPR violations for media, entertainment, software and technology companies. She is an advisor to the Maharashtra cyber police.
Ms. Nappinai has undertaken pro bono work in constitutional matters dealing inter alia with offences against women and children. She is a mediator, trained in India and at the World Intellectual Property Organisation, Geneva (WIPO) and was on the first panel of mediators of the Bombay High Court.
She has made presentations before government committees on cryptocurrencies for revisions to the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the Electronic Evidence Laws of India. She is a senior panel advocate – Ministry of Railways and the founder member of Technology Law Forum.
- LL M: Savitribai Phule Pune University
- BL: University of Madras
Areas of Interest
- Constitutional, Criminal, IPR and Cyber laws
- Offences against women and children
Awards and Honours
- Her Manual on Copyright Laws was used for judicial training (2020).
- Training of judges, including those from the SAARC countries at the National Judicial Academy, Bhopal, government agencies and police, armed personnel and intelligence agencies at the National Police Academy, Hyderabad, and at various other police academies.
- Alumna of the Stanford CDDRL Draper Hills Fellowship program on Democracy, Development and Rule of Law (2019).
- Chevening Cyber Security, Cyber Policy & Governance Fellowship (2016).
- International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) – IPR (2005).
- Recognised as expert in information & communications technology laws by Who’s Who Legal, UK and The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, UK (2011 & 2012).
- Recipient of Client Choice Award (London) for the IT & Internet (India) – 2015.
- Co-opted as expert on the Tamil Nadu government committee for formulating a child policy.
- Author, Technology Laws Decoded , Lexis Nexis, 2017
- Author, Emerging Technologies, Publisher, Place, (Forthcoming).