Visiting Faculty of Law
Recognized by Chambers and Partners (and other publications) as a leading practitioner in the field, Anirudh Krishnan has participated as counsel, arbitrator, and Indian law expert in domestic and international proceedings. He regularly appears before the Supreme Court of India, various high courts, statutory tribunals, and arbitral tribunals, both domestic and international. He has handled arbitrations under various institutional rules including those of the ICC, SIAC, LCIA and AMTAC.
He was part of the expert panel constituted by the Law Commission of India (LCI) for drafting the amendment to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act and India’s Model Bilateral Investment Treaty. He was consulted by the Justice Sri Krishna Commission on arbitration reforms and by the LCI on the Commercial Courts Act.
Krishnan is a member of the Madras High Court arbitration committee, the drafting committee of the MCIA, the steering committees of the Indo-Italian Chamber of Commerce and the Young-MCIA. He is a member of a special committee set up by the chief justice of the Madras High Court to suggest reforms in parts of Tamil Nadu.
- Masters in Law: Oxford University
- BA, LL B (Hons.): NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Insolvency Law and Disputes
- Chief-Editor, Justice R.S. Bachawat’s Law of Arbitration & Conciliation
- Author, The Law of Reservation and Anti-discrimination, Lexis Nexis, 2008
- Contributor, chapters in the international publications Handbook on Third-Party Funding in International Arbitration and CPR India Supplement.