Visiting Faculty of Law
Malavika Raghavan heads the Future of Finance Initiative at Dvara Research, focusing on the challenges for regulation on consumer protection, financial inclusion, and stability in India, given the rapid digitization of financial services. Her team’s work has consistently sought to highlight the design and access considerations for digital finance in India, especially when thinking about harder-to-reach communities and lower-income households.
Ms. Raghavan began her career at the global law firm Allen & Overy LLP, spending close to six years with the firm based in London primarily in their international debt capital markets practice. Her experience on projects for the social impact investors, Acumen and Big Society Capital, has aided her to focus on more inclusive finance and enterprise.
- M Phil: Public Policy, University of Cambridge
- BA, LL B (Hons): NALSAR, Hyderabad
- Seconded to the Financial Markets Law Committee (established by the Bank of England) working on issues of legal and policy uncertainty in the wholesale markets.
- 2018 Fellow of the prestigious Chevening Financial Services fellowship at King’s College London.
- 2016 Fellow of the On Purpose social enterprise leadership program.
- Member of the Asian Privacy Scholars Network.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Data Governance Network in India.
Areas of Interest
- Emerging issues for policy and regulation at the intersection of technology, finance and inclusion.